When To Seek Treatment
When Is The Ideal Age To See An Orthodontist?
- According to the American Association of Orthodontist, the ideal age for your child to see an orthodontist is by age 7.
- Early treatment may prevent more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated.
- Studies have shown that facial development can be most affected between ages 7-11.
When To Know When Your Child Needs Braces?
- Grinding of teeth
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Jaws the pop or shift
- Teeth that normally don’t meet
- Biting of the cheek
- Misplaced, crowded, or blocked-out teeth
Early Treatment May Give Your Orthodontist A Chance To
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve appearance
- Guide permanent teeth to a more favorable position
- Improve the way lips meet