Invisalign vs Braces: What’s the Difference
Invisalign vs Braces: What’s The Best Option
Choosing the right option for your smile
Pretty much everyone has heard about traditional orthodontic treatment options and Invisalign. However, most people don’t know what is the difference between them and how each have their own capabilities and limitations. Here, our Invisalign specialists will break things down.
How Are They Similar?
Pretty Traditional braces and Invisalign have many commonalities even if they look and feel different. They both must be worn all day, but Invisalign is removed whenever you eat or brush. In addition, both must be properly cared while maintaining good oral health. much everyone has heard about traditional orthodontic treatment options and Invisalign. Both orthodontic options can properly treat:
- Jaw Position
- Crooked Teeth
How Are They Different?
The main difference between regular braces and Invisalign is the technique of how they shift your smile.
Braces use wires and elastic to properly align your teeth whereas Invisalign uses a continuous set of aligners in order to get your teeth to its desired position. Traditional braces may be the preferred method in order to treat specific cases.
- Treatment is effective for specific treatment cases
- Closes gaps in teeth rather quickly
- Current wires are much more discrete than those in the past
- Colorful elastics add fun and personal customization
- Maintaining proper oral hygiene may require more effort
- The foods you can eat and drink are limited
- Clear aligners are basically undetectable
- Aligners are easily removable for eating, brushing, or for sports
- More comfortable
- If not removed for eating, trays may stain
- Aligners must be changed frequently
Looking for an Invisalign specialist? Call or contact us now to start your smile transormation!
- Braces: On average, typical treatment times range a year and a half to two years. removed for eating, trays may stain
- Invisalign: Invisalign can be a tad faster since each tray is custom made to a persons unique smile and mouth.
- Braces: The price of braces can range anywhere from $3,000 – $10,000 depending on the time, type of correction needed, and type of braces.
- Invisalign: Just like braces, circumstances change the price of Invisalign, but the typical price for Invisalign can range anywhere from $4,500 – $7,500.